Friday, August 10, 2012

Well.....

None of my favorite blogs have new posts, so I'm going to post on my blog again.

I just don't know what about....

I could post about my siblings health challenges, or therapy, or the floor in our living room, but all those things are boring. (especially the floor...)

I guess I'll post about my writing...

I've written a children's story and have been working on illustrating it.

The creation of a page is very fun, so I will show it to you.

First I pull out two black pages for a background. 







 Then I raid my mom's pantry for random lids to use as planets and lay them out.



I fiddle around for a while, trying to find the perfect layout.






 (O.K. The fiddling around wasn't so much with the lids planets as with the camera...and cat)

Next step is to choose colors.




Then cut out the planets.






After the planets are cut out, I arrange them (again) on the background.







Of course, the planets (and the sun) need more detail and faces.

So I pull out one of my favorite toys tools to use. They are watercolor pencils.

Decorated planets...

and the (almost) finished product.




I still need to add stars and give the sun a face, but haven't finished it yet..

No comments:

Post a Comment